Saturday, March 29, 2014

Accepted!

Since interviewing at Tepper two months ago, and Darden about a month ago, I have been counting down the days till March 24th.  When I first started the whole MBA admissions process, I felt overwhelmed with the studying for the GMAT.  I always thought it would get easier.  Then came applications…  I would have gladly studied for the GMAT again.  Once those were submitted, then came the waiting.  Waiting.  All the waiting has by far been the most difficult part of the whole process.

Well, finally all the waiting has come to an end.  Monday morning, I received a call from the adcom member that interviewed me at Darden… I am in!  It was quite a rush of emotions.  I was excited and relieved.  From my previous post, I am sure you can tell how much I enjoyed my trip out to Charlottesville.  I am looking forward to possibly joining that community!

Later that day, I got an email from Tepper with a link to a video.  Assuming they wouldn’t send a rejection video to applicants, I was sure I was accepted.  I logged into my account online to double check.  I was in!  Two acceptances in one day, it was definitely nice.

After the high of the acceptances wore off a little, the reality of having to make a decision between these three amazing schools.  I am still waiting to hear from Darden regarding potential scholarships/fellowships.  Unfortunately they don’t give that information on the phone.  I have to wait till I receive the physical acceptance packet.  Unfortunately Tepper didn’t offer me anything.  So now it’s time to figure things out.  I think I will have a bit clearer of an idea in the next couple weeks.

"Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever." - Keri Russell

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your acceptances! If you're interested in gaining some differentiated pre-MBA experience, consider the Quarterback program.

    Stop by the website--we'd love to connect with you: http://www.qtrback.org

    In short, as a Quarterback, you have the opportunity to work at the executive level on strategy and operations challenges inside innovative organizations--specifically groundbreaking nonprofits. It's a chance to build new skills, demonstrate an entrepreneurial streak, and builds your unique story in preparation for internship interviews (complete with tangible outcomes). All while making an impact.

    As a Booth adcom representative put it: "the marginal return from a new pre-MBA summer endeavor could be higher than an additional few months in your current role."

    ReplyDelete